Safeguard brand ECOFOAM is a new generation synthetic base green foam concentrates which is designed for the environment and for fighting with all types of fires, i.e. “ONE FOAM FITS ALL.” It mainly consists of synergistic blend of biodegradable surfactants, bio-polymer and stabilizer. It is totally FREE FROM “FLUORINE CONTENT”. SAFEGUARD ECOFOAM is an effective alternative to AFFF & AR-AFFF.
BRAND & TYPE:
SAFEGUARD ECOFOAM, Type: 3/3
- The foam is totally free from fluorine content. It is non-toxic & readily biodegradable and hence ECO-FRIENDLY.
- It forms a tough vapour sealing blanket and has excellent wetting & foam stability properties. It has superior knock down, burn back properties and post fire security.
- It is suitable for extinguishing & securing all types of fires like Class-A (solid fires) & Class-B fires (Polar & Non-polar fuel fires) like gasoline, crude oil, kerosene, diesel, alcohols, ketones fires as 3% percent.
- It is quite effective for suppressing vapour of vaporizing chemicals like polar & non-polar fuel, ammonia, hydrazine, acrylonitrile etc. during an emergency situation.
- It can be used with fresh, brackish & sea water. It is compatible with all dry chemical powders extinguishing agent.
- It can be used as low as well as medium expansion foam
It is used in high risk areas where various types of fuel and chemicals are stored, processed, or transported. Typical applications include fuel storage tanks, process areas, power stations, marine terminals and offshore platforms.
SAFEGAURD ECOFOAM is easily proportioned using conventional standard proportioning equipment such as portable and fixed In-line Inductors, hand line nozzles/branch pipes with pick-up tubes, balanced pressure bladder tank proportioners around the pump type proportioners etc.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:
- Appearance : Viscous liquid
- pH at 20oC±1oC : 6.5 – 8.5
- Specific Gravity at 20oC±1oC : 1.0 ± 1.05
- Pour point : ≤0oC
- Expansion at 20oC±1oC : 6-10
- 25% drainage time at 20oC±1oC : > 30 min
STORAGE & HANDLING:
SAFEGAURD ECOFOAM should be stored in the original supplied package for getting a long shelf life. It can also be stored in stainless steel containers. The product should be maintained within the recommended temperature range. If the concentrate freezes during transport or storage, thawing with gentle remixing will render the product completely usable. The spills of foam concentrates or foam solution should be handled as per local regulations.
UL-162, FM, LASTFIRE, ISO, IMO, BIS
20 L, 30 L, 200 L HDPE containers or as per customer requirements