Safeguard brand “AFFF" is a superior quality firefighting foam concentrate for extinguishing and securing flammable hydrocarbon and select oxygenated fuel based fires. It is mainly formulated by hydrocarbon/fluorocarbon surfactants, solvents, preservatives and buffers that are used to effectively extinguish hydrocarbon fuel based fires and have a secondary benefit of preventing re-ignition.
BRAND & TYPES:
SAFEGUARD AFFF, Type 1
SAFEGUARD AFFF, Type 3
SAFEGUARD AFFF, Type 6
- It produced a thin aqueous film which spreads across the surface of the fuel, separating the fuel from oxygen. It has superior knock down, burn back properties and post fire security.
- It is suitable for extinguishing & securing flammable hydrocarbon fuel fires.
- It can be used with fresh, brackish & sea water. It is compatible with all dry chemical powders extinguishing agent.
It is used in high risk areas where various types of hydrocarbon fuels and chemicals are stored, processed, or transported. Typical applications include fuel storage tanks, process areas, power stations, marine terminals and offshore platforms.
SAFEGAURD AFFF is easily proportioned using conventional standard proportioning equipment such as portable and fixed In-line Inductors, hand line nozzles/branch pipes with pick-up tubes, balanced pressure bladder tank proportioners around the pump type proportioners etc.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:
- Appearance : Amber liquid
- pH at 20oC±1oC : 6.5 - 8.5
- Specific Gravity at 20oC±1oC : 1.0 - 1.04
- Pour point : ≥0oC
- Spreading coefficient at 20oC±1oC : ≥3.0
- Expansion at 20oC±1oC : 6-12
- 25% drainage time at 20oC±1oC : > 100 sec
STORAGE & HANDLING:
SAFEGAURD AFFF should be stored in the original supplied package for getting a long shelf life. It can also be stored in stainless steel containers. The product should be maintained within the recommended temperature range. If the concentrate freezes during transport or storage, thawing with gentle remixing will render the product completely usable. The spills of foam concentrates or foam solution should be handled as per local regulations.
UL, EN, BIS & IRS.
LASTFIRE, ICAO, IMO, ISO, FM, DEF.STAN
20 L, 30 L, 200 L HDPE containers or as per customer requirements